Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Diet!




Thanks Kavsix for your comment on my previous post. Always good to meet a fan. Indeed, Tim Gunn and I are working on a collaborative effort to develop a line of fashionable yet slimming dog garments under the design name 'Ham & Bone'. I was inspired by the sassy yet somewhat overweight dogs I encountered at my great-grandma's house in Puerto Rico (hello rice and black bean overload). Can I really blame them though? When confronted food, I too have my restraint problems. Whey my  great aunt sneakily put a plate of deliciously sneaky ham under my nose, did I refuse? No, I am sad to say I did not. That is why, I gained....4 pounds on my Puerto Rican Holiday, which may not sound like a lot, but it is approx 25% of my current body weight. Lucky for me as it is winter I can hide my slight tummy under adorable sweaters, however spring is just around the corner and before too long my mom will be squeezing me into tiny dresses. Also, I am considering starting to get back on the dating scene this year as part of my new year's resolution, so you know, gotta look super awesome for that.


This is one of the dog's at my great-grandma's place, she is a chihuahua but looks to be the size of a small doberman due to the aforementioned rice and beans...(face hidden for anonymity purposes)
                                                                      

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jumbles,

    Would so most love to follow blog and see all the posts! But, is not always the most easy on Blogger to find the place, for to click and put blog on blogroll. Please to be helping find the button?

    Woofs from a fellow dual citizenship dog,
    Vertigo (and Sidekick Jacinta)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ho! Vertigo! So nice to hear from you! Thanks for the feedback, I will certainly try and make the blog easier to put on blogroll. Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more adventures.

      Love & Ham,

      Jumbles

      Delete
  2. Jumbles - so sad to hear about your weight gain. That rice and black bean will do it to you. You have to eat in moderation - which I know is hard when there's so much peer pressure when visiting the island. Any way, hopefully you'll loose that weight soon. Maybe we'll see "before" and "after" pictures on your blog soon. Can't wait to see what other things you post...we are all very excited about your new site and be able to follow your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Big Fan,

      Thank you very much for your supportive words, it sounds like perhaps you have had some encounters with black beans and rice and understand the peer pressure associated with that particular dish. I think that when spring comes around I will be able to lose some pounds. I have walking dates lined up withs some neighborhood pals. My favorite walking pals are Treats (a black lab), Stephen (a terrier), and Nugget (Nugget is a beagle and a bit of a slow walker though-I think it has something to do with the short legs). Will keep you posted!

      Love & Ham,

      Jumbles

      Delete